Things to note about borrowing airtime in Nigeria
In our last post, we talked about how to borrow airtime from all the telecommunications networks in Nigeria. Today, we are talking about the things to note about borrowing airtime in Nigeria.
Life has been much better since the telecom companies rolled out the new offer. You can borrow airtime anytime you wish. This has been helpful because sometimes you may be in a situation where you need to make calls but all of a sudden, it dawned on you that you just ran out of airtime and sometimes you may not have access to a vendor that can sell recharge card voucher to you. In such a situation, your only option is to borrow airtime from your network providers and payback later.
Things to note about borrowing airtime in Nigeria.
- The amount you can borrow depends on the amount you are recharge. If you always recharge/ top up N100, you may not be able to borrow more than N100. I think this might be because they don’t trust you for big amounts. Lets look at it this way, can you borrow someone who don’t worth up to N100,000 a million Naira? Its impossible.
2. They must always charge for any amount you borrow. For example, MTN always charge 15% per recharge. From my observation, I don’t think that there is any company that charges less than 10%. That means, If you borrow N100, you will get N90.
3. Most of the borrowed airtime has an expiry date. The lesser you borrow, the sooner it will expire. Vice versa.
You may also like: How to borrow or top up airtime from MTN, Airtel, Glo and Etisalat
4. Note that any airtime you borrow that it will be deducted the next time you top up your mobile. Once you top up, it will automatically be deducted. The remaining balance will the remain on your mobile
5. You can’t subscribe to any data bundle with a borrowed airtime, its impossible. The borrowed airtime is just for making calls and nothing more than that. For MTN users, I have a good news for you, you can borrow data and payback later to surf the internet. I made a post about how to borrow data on MTN. I think its only MTN that has made this offer available as at the time I am writing this post.
6. You will not be overcharged when you make calls with a borrowed airtime. I have heard so many people saying that if you make calls with borrowed airtime that you will over charged. This is a lie. I have tried it personally and confirmed that its not true. You will only be charged the service fee, after that, you can no make calls at the same rate.
I hope you have learnt the basics, don’t forget to follow us on our social ,media pages.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from DONWAPZ. Failure to do so you have yourself to blame.