How to disable / deactivate Gutenberg plugin and keep classic editor on WordPress
So many people are looking for ways on how to disable/ deactivate Gutenberg and keep the classic editor. There are so many reasons why people want to deactivate this plugin. Are you looking for a way to disable Gutenberg and keep the classic WordPress editor on your site? I will discuss everything about it here.
Before I start, let me tell you about the Gutenberg editor plugin. Gutenberg plugin is an upcoming plugin that will replace the WordPress classic editor when it becomes more professional.It will modernize the classic editor. This plugin is built to work like page builders such as Elementor,etc. But the major setback is the fact that they tried their possible best but it’s not up to the expectation of the users. They did a nice job working on the Gutenberg plugin. Ever since they release the first version, they have been working tirelessly to satisfy the users.
In this latest version, they had a massive breakthrough. They deserve some accolades. I am giving them 5 stars for taking up such a big project.
Since WordPress 4.9.8, the WordPress team has added a call to try out Gutenberg in the WordPress dashboard. This is done ahead of the Gutenberg first release. They want to get feedback from millions of users so they can decide whether to release it or not.
There are so many reasons why so many people want to deactivate this plugin.
- Installing it by mistake: So many people install the Guttenberg editor by mistake since is the call to action button s now added to the dashboard of the latest 4.9.8.
- The plugin is not a standard editor: After installing the plugin, you may find out that the plugin does not reach your expectations. You will try to remove it.
- Unable to use it: So many people get stucked. I was stucked the first day I used it, I was not able to make a single post with it. I disabled it.
Lets get down to today’s business.
How to disable Gutenberg plugin and keep classic editor on WordPress
I will be showing you many ways to deactivate the Guttenberg plugin.
- How to disable/ deactivate with the classic editor plugin; This method is recommended because you will be installing the classic editor which was developed by the WordPress team.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- Install the classic editor. If you are new to this, you can checkout our guide on how to install a plugin.
- Once you install this plugin, this plugin will automatically disable the Gutenberg plugin once installed. This is the easiest method to disable Gutenberg.
- The goodnews about this classic editor is that it gives you option to keep both Gutenberg and Classic editor your WordPress website.
- To change or modify the classic plugin setting,
- Click on settings, Select writing. Settings>> Writing
- Once you are here, scroll down, you will see Classic editor settings.
- On this page you can either select the option to replace Gutenberg entirely by the classic editor or use both of them together.
- If you select the option of using both together you will now be able to see a new link to use Gutenberg under the Posts menu to create new posts using the classic editor.
How to deactivate/ uninstall Gutenberg
To uninstall this entirely.
Go to plugin, locate Gutenberg, uninstall it entirely.
To save storage space, you should delete the file entirely.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from DONWAPZ. Failure to do so you have yourself to blame.